This page is dedicated to my favorite American Idol of all time - Taylor Hicks...I've been a fan of his since the first moment he walked into the audition room & uttered the words "Please, give me a chance". He has stolen my heart with his passion for music and his soulful singing. I've never been to one of his concerts, and I know it's not the same, but I've seen clips of his concerts online & the energy that he puts out is just amazing. I'm not giving up hope that one day I will get to see him perform live. If you're a fan of Taylor's, as much as I am, then I hope you appreciate my dedication page to Taylor Hicks.
I created this one because I love Taylor's grey hair.
I came up with the idea because I'm also a huge fan of the original "CSI" crime show and there was a scene in one of the episodes where Sara and Grissom walk in on Hodges coloring his hair with a black marker. Below is the text in it's original context:
Gil Grissom: [after finding Hodges coloring his grey hair with a sharpie marker]
Vanity, thy name is Hodges.
Hodges: This isn't what it looks like. I actually like my grey hair, the few that I have.
Sara Sidle: Hodges, don't you know that grey hair can be very attractive. [Grissom looks at her]
This is a signature that someone created for me from the Taylor Hicks Fansite forum I used to belong to.
This is a signature that I created myself to use in the Taylor Hicks forum. I'm currently using it on my MySpace profile. It's from one of my favorite songs of his self titled album, 'Taylor Hicks'.
It's also a very emotional song that makes me teary-eyed every time I hear it. It's a beautiful, romantic song, but I also think it has some deeper meaning that can be used for other types of situations.
As I mentioned above, I got hooked on Taylor from the very first minute he opened his mouth to sing. He was different and wasn't like everyone else who was into the rock, pop, or country music. He was into soul music and it showed. His voice shocked me - as well as the judges - and I had to keep watching to see if he would make it - I even prayed he would, just to prove Simon wrong! Haha!!
The more I watched him sing and perform, the more and more I liked him. He is also the only contestant on the show that ever made me cry. I think the first time I did was when he sang "Just Once" by James Ingram. There was just something about that song and the way he performed it that brought me to tears.
My whole point to this is, that I felt that all the other secular musicians out there really didn't do anything for me. I never really got it and I quit listening to a lot of it for a long time. Before Taylor, I felt that something was missing and that he just may be it. To be able to bring more emotion and feeling into music and not just something to shake your 'booty' at.
They say the eye's are the
"window to the soul"
And I believe that it is true
Your eyes shine so bright
And reveal the wonderful soul in you
This wonderful and awesome person
that is held deep within
And I begin to wonder
How do I begin
To describe this angel of God
and his sweet soulful way
To bring so many people to come and share
his victory each and every day
I pray that you will never change
and that your heart is always filed with love
You truly are a blessing to others
and I believe heaven's light is shining on you from above
Tiffany A. Brown 6/15/06
1. He has an amazing voice and unique stage presence that can draw you in and keep you there.
2. He seems to be very sweet and genuine.
3. He is humble and down-to-earth... seems to have a good head on his shoulders.
4. He’s spiritual.
5. He’s a family man... close to his family. I also read that he also wants a little girl. Aww!!
6. He knows what he wants and goes after it... never gave up on his dreams.
7. He loves his fans. SOUL PATROL!!!
8. He’s beautiful - inside and out.
9. He seems very intellecual.
10. His outgoing performances on stage and his quiet, shyness that is seen off-stage.
11. He’s very passionate about what he does and doesn’t compromise.
12. His many musical talents - singing, songwriting, dancing, harmonica, guitar, etc.
13. He has no problem sharing the spotlight and giving others their due.
14. He has a wide fan base from teenagers to the 'young at heart'.
15. He has made me appreciate some of the older ‘soul’ music more.
16. He has some of the sweetest, nicest fans I’ve ever met and am glad to have gotten to know because of him.
17. He's brought out the best in people (his fans) and encouraged others to pursue their dreams.
18. He's a true southern gentleman.
19. His love for children.
20. His trademark silver hair.
Taylor Hicks HQ: the official Taylor Hicks Fan club - http://www.taylorhickshq.com
Right Hicks Save: a very nicely done media blog - http://righthickssave.wordpress.com/
It's a Soul Thing: another blog I visit for the latest news and media information - http://soulthing.blogspot.com/
Taylor Hicks Myspace profile - http://www.myspace.com/taylorhicks
Tay Online: a good one for discography info, previous tour playlists, the Soul Connection newsletter, articles, etc - http://www.tay-online.com